Advertisements

Quincy Girls

13 Dec

Okay girls, this is going to be a tough one for me emotionally. But sometimes you have to demean/make fun of yourself in order to a make a blog entry stereotyping yourself and your Quincy sisterhood. So I’m going to make fun of Quincy girls before a Quincy boy who feels wronged does it for me. Please remember that these are stereotypes, don’t let them define you my Quincy sisters. Unless you are responsible for the stereotypes, in which case, you’ve done it to yourself. I can say “Guilty” to some of these, be honest with yourself, are you guilty? Anyways, I love you all and I’m sorry.

• We won’t let go of Uggs: As Polo hats are to individuality with Quincy boys, Uggs are to uniqueness with Quincy girls. Oh, all of your friends have the tall black Uggs? Maybe you should go with the short chestnuts. Yeah, you will really stand out in those. Especially if you tuck your sweatpants into them. Fabulous. These sheepskin boots used to take out the trash in their homeland of Australia will never go out of style.  And what would look great with your Uggs? You guessed it…
  • Coach bags: How awesome do those beat up Uggs look with your brand new coach bag?! You earned that bag working a double at the baahh, girlfriend! Now go show it off in Downtown Quincy! I bet you can’t wait for the matching wallet. You must be a descendent of Wollaston Hill. Maybe we can donate our old pocketbooks to the poor girls at Quincy T station who have knock off Coach bags.
  • Cubic Zirconia’s: Who said these were just for Quincy boys? You love them, too! You are such a fashionista. Plus they are on sale at Forever21…a 6 pack for $10. Who cares if the line is out the door and the music makes you want to rip your eyeballs out, it’s such a steal! CZ’s are a girl’s best friend. Is that how the saying goes? Just remember to take them out before you fight, you don’t want to lose them/have your earlobes ripped out.
  • Coffee Break Cafe 3 times in 1 day: Are you feeling parched from staying out all night binge drinking? What you need, is a medium iced German Coffee Cake, if you’re under the age of 18, make that with extra cream extra sugar. If we can’t stop here before class to gossip, I might kill myself. And if security takes our coffees while we are signing ourselves in late to school, I’ll throw some F bombs under my breath.
  • Hot cups: If we don’t have time to wait in line at CBC, then we might as well just get Dunkin’ Donuts. It’s better than nothing. Unless you forget the hot cup for my iced coffee, in which case nothing is better, because having a cold hand sucks.
  • Marshall’s/TJMaxx Diehards: Shit, it’s one of your closest acquaintance’s 24th birthday! She will never forgive you if you don’t show your face at Howl at the Moon tonight. But you don’t have anything that fits after scarfing down junior bacon cheeseburgers and beers all summer. Better hop in your vehicle and hit up Marshall’s. If they don’t have any good finds, you could always get back on Newport Ave and head South toward TJMaxx. Yeah, I know it’s more ghetto than Marshall’s, but at least you’re not at AJWright. Calm down, you’ll find something. Ugh, even preparing to leave Quincy is stressful. We’re going to have to pregame with bottles of Skinny Girl to get this show on the road.
  • Deplorable/trashy Boston accents: The above picture is a car being parked in Harvard Yard. Obviously. Quincy girls have some of the most trashtastic Boston accents. At least I do, I don’t want to speak for you all. But it’s something I’m wicked proud of…ehh..kind of, not really.
  • Bar Flies: We’ve seen this happen to women our mom’s age and vow it will never happen to us. But it scares us that we are at local bars on week nights way more than we should be. Screw it, just add the word “Funday” after the name of the weekday and it becomes perfectly acceptable, right?…RIGHT?! Oh the Bruins are on? I don’t typically go out on work nights more than 4 times a week, and I don’t even watch hockey, but this game is completely a reason to celebrate at a local dive bar. Maybe my girlfriends will meet their future husbands there, since a bar is the best place for a Quincy girl to meet Prince Charming.
  • North Face jackets: Gap sweatshirts aren’t in style anymore, might as well just buy this shit. It’s not really that warm, but we blend in with the Quincy lifestyle, I guess.
  • Marlboro Lights (Mahhb Lights): Let me bum a Mahb light in the girl’s bathroom, khed. No thanks, I don’t smoke, but I’ll come inhale second hand smoke and listen to the gossip. Remember to read what some wise broad wrote in Sharpie on the bathroom wall and yell out, “It’s okay!” so we know the coast is clear.
  • Powder Puff: Let’s pretend we are playing a game of football and just drink and fist fight girls from the opposing high school who tried to steal our boyfriends.  And let’s make sure to do it in the rain in front of every Quincy boy in the city. We might have to switch to a different field 10 times to avoid the Quincy police, but screw it. Don’t forget to have some Natural Ice waiting for us on the sidelines. It’s not like we are happy to get our Uggs filthy. Thanks.

Let’s be real ladies, you’re guilty of at least half. Sorry if I’ve offended you, but remember I am right there with you.  At least I left out the part about running into girls you knew in high school at bars and noticing how much skinnier they are, only to discover they are on the stimulant diet. Please don’t punch me in the head if you see me in Downtown Quincy next weekend. Instead you can buy me a draft, light beer (it’s the only diet I can stick with). Always remember: Quincy is not just a city, it’s a lifestyle. I guess…

*Special thanks to A.S. & my Twitter/FB page followers.

Advertisements

29 Responses to “Quincy Girls”

1. jessie December 13, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

cool, i’m not a quincy girl after all, even though i was born and raised here. all i’ve got is the accent. there is hope for me yet!!!!

2. Moe Palmer December 13, 2011 at 4:59 pm #

It’s right on… and I’m ok with that : )

3. Amy Galiano December 13, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

I dont see tying up tshirts on this list!! lol

4. Carly December 13, 2011 at 5:59 pm #

You forgot about our need for “love pink” 🙂

5. S December 13, 2011 at 6:51 pm #

• M.McKenna December 13, 2011 at 7:00 pm #

hahaha you’re probably right.

• gail crane dellamano December 14, 2011 at 4:07 pm #

you have a great point re: quincy girls but i need to say that i would love to do a complete makeover of all weymouth girls….wow the rock t-shirts, skinny jeans, pajama bottoms and bearpawz along with the lousy make-up need to desperately be abolished…do these girls own a mirror or have a loving family member to let them know how they look leaving the home….

6. CaMu December 13, 2011 at 7:31 pm #

You do realize that none of this is unique to just Quincy, right? Your post would be more accurate if you called it “Things Trashy Girls Will Never Let Go Of”. Of course Quincy has a superior amount of trashy girls compared to some of the surrounding towns, and the rest of the world, but in no way is this unique. Nice try though.

• M.McKenna December 13, 2011 at 7:36 pm #

that’s ok, it’s not a serious blog…i’m from quincy, so i just made it for quincy girls/my friends. thanks for reading though 🙂

• Team Molly December 13, 2011 at 8:44 pm #

Rude. Jealous you dont have a blog of your own that is hilarious? Hilarious w/ followers? Yeah nice try though. Go comment elsewhere. Team Molly!

• M.McKenna December 13, 2011 at 8:45 pm #

thank you! you so nice! 🙂

• Melinda D. December 14, 2011 at 1:48 am #

Ut oh, sounds like the battle cry of a wannabe-Quincy-Weymouth woman… battle down the hatches! Her superior use of commas is a threat!

• Melinda D. December 14, 2011 at 1:51 am #

Oops, I meant batten. Please do not tell Camoo

• Stephanie King December 17, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

I beg to differ with u CaMu……u sound the a hater to me!!
      Quincy does not have a superior amount of trashy girls!!
      Think about it, Weymouth, Brockton, New Bedford!!!

7. CaMu:cansuckit December 13, 2011 at 9:47 pm #

It’s a blog CaMu……..her opinion not urs! Keep on reading tho : )

• MuCa December 13, 2011 at 10:17 pm #

i dont get how it is rude when someone is just stating an opinion? of course they’re going to read the site when a friend of a friend of molly’s keeps posting it. good for molly that her blog is a hit with her friends and a few others outside the circle. but don’t fault someone that gets this blog shoved in their face on these networking sites and clicks to see what it’s all about, to find out they think it’s just observational “humor” that can be related to all of the woman race. like CaMu said, this can be for any group of girls, which he or she is right. don’t see anything wrong with that.

but keep doing you molly.

• M.McKenna December 13, 2011 at 11:45 pm #

Don’t worry. It is probably something related to all women…I just directed it at Quincy. These blogs take about 25 minutes to type…I feel weird about it being thrown all over the internet, I thought it would just be my friends reading it. Thanks for reading and for your opinion.

8. T$ December 13, 2011 at 11:06 pm #

A. Quincy girls also love to fight, as long as the other broad is from like Milton or Braintree
    B. Bud Light in the winter, Twisted Tea and Bud Light in the summer. No exceptions.
    C. Quincy girls never had Marylou’s in their life until they put one where the Frontside used to be.
    D. To a Quincy girl, Waterclub is about as classy as it gets.
    E. Kind of goes along with A, but you’ll rarely catch a Quincy girl with a cosmo or any other bullshit girly drink in their hand. Perhaps a maaahgarita, double cuervo.
    F. Quincy girls are old souls. They were splittin 30s and giving handies behind Beechwood while you other broads were watching TGIF and playing with your EZ Bake Oven.
    G. Don’t forget about all the Cape Cod jewelry ever made.
    H. Most Quincy girls know where there’s karaoke a minimum of four nights a week. And the weekend doesn’t count.
    I. Boys and girls of Quincy’s favorite pastime: “just drivin’ around.”(implied 30 in the backseat and a couple grape dutches)
    J. A quincy girl has no problem using the “c word.” Just don’t ever say it in front of one, or you’ll probably get slapped.
    K. Don’t pick on just the sober guys! As if there’s no ladies we grew up with that shoot dope or drink around the clock! 🙂

• M.McKenna December 13, 2011 at 11:52 pm #

i think i still say “just drivin around” ughhh hahaha. and yeah, there are just as many female dopeheads, im just a quincy girl in denial. i went to beechwood and remember being a little kid playing in the woods and stumbling on a teenage couple banging…awkward.

• gail crane dellamano December 14, 2011 at 4:13 pm #

i’ll never forget the outfits quincy girls were to Aquarius…..pumps and little girl white ruffle dress socks….too funny….best outfits worn have always been us girls from Gods Land….Southie…. we set the trends but unfortunately not all get it…

9. Wang December 14, 2011 at 1:11 am #

You heard it here first. You’re all spoiled bitches.

• M.McKenna December 14, 2011 at 1:13 am #

yay! but heyy, wait a minute…why am i so poor then?

• Patrick Collins December 14, 2011 at 6:37 am #

hahah you’re name is wang. go eat a puppy.

• Donyelle December 15, 2011 at 1:56 pm #

thats messed up patrick

10. Marianna December 14, 2011 at 4:09 pm #

I am not from Quincy, but I met my boyfriend and all my Quincy friends at the Beachcomber on Wolly Beach. So I can completely get why this is all true and friggin hilarious!

• M.McKenna December 14, 2011 at 4:13 pm #

I live right down the street from the Comber…one of the best watering holes in Quincy.

11. Tony Dones July 13, 2012 at 11:48 am #

I’d have to say this is pretty spot on lmao been living in Quincy since I was 8 yrs old I’m 26 now and I’ve watched the evolution of white trash happen before my eyes especially the transition from Gap to Northface LOL if your offended by this you have 2 options: grow up or maybe stop doing the aforementioned activities cause that’s how a stereotype sticks LOL break bad habits ladies please!

12. Deer Hunter 2014 Cheats May 21, 2014 at 3:21 am #

No matter if some one searches for his necessary thing,
    so he/she wishes to be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. The age of Aquarius… – A DotRat's guide to the world - January 8, 2016

[…] face it, a good chunk of  twenty and thirty something kids running around Dot, Southie and The Q probably owe their existence to Aquarius. Cathay Pacific seems to have filled that role for […]