Advertisements

Hocus Pocus is Overrated

31 Oct

Sorry guys, but I have to go there. I am beyond sick of everyone talking about Hocus Pocus every Halloween. I know that it’s on whatever channel used to be the Family Channel, or Disney, every single night for the entire month of October. I just don’t care. Sac-relig for a girl of the 90’s to say this? Maybe so, but this movie is NAHT as classic as everyone makes it out to be. Yeah, haha it’s funny when the fat witch screams when she sees the Stainmaster/baby commercial and Bette Midler looks the same as Bette Midler looks all the time. I guess. Not really. I just feel like people hype up movies that kind of suck. It’s like when girls my age brag about watching Halloweentown. Um, if you were born before 1987 and think that Halloweentown was in your age bracket, then you probably still catch every Disney Original Movie that comes out. (I’m not talking Johnny Tsunami. That doesn’t count. Shit was decent.) But seriously, you know what movie was the big Halloween classic when we were little? Fuckin’ Frankenweenie. Not this new animated/stop motion one that just came out. I’m talking about THIS SHIT:

Good stuff. There are just some movies you can watch over and over every year, and some you can’t. I was sick of Hocus Pocus by like, 1997. There are SOME movies that must be impossible to get over. Double Double Toil & Trouble. Beetlejuice. Ernest Goes to Jail (okay, maybe I’m the only one who thinks this is a classic). And I’m not even talking just about Halloween movies. Christmas as well. Case in point:

Home Alone. Never gets old. Disagree? Maybe you look like Buzz’s girlfriend and you can fight me. Just kidding, fighting is trashy.

PS: Who remembers this?!

Advertisements

7 Responses to “Hocus Pocus is Overrated”

1. Stacey October 31, 2012 at 7:31 pm #

Frankenweenie was the balls! Thats a true OG Halloween movie. And The Halloween Tree. (not many remember it).

2. Caroline Galotti October 31, 2012 at 7:59 pm #

True that..and The Halloween Tree was my all-time favorite halloween movie and they don’t play it anymore..but I found it on youtube!

3. amy's dad October 31, 2012 at 8:17 pm #

i agree never heard of the movie until it was on cable . now a christmas story is another matter 24 hours of bliss.

4. Stephanie November 1, 2012 at 12:21 am #

Molly I love ya girl……..but what the hell are you talkin about? Maybe I’m just on another planet right now but after I read it I was like ummmm huh?

5. Vanessa November 1, 2012 at 4:23 pm #

I REALLY thought I was the ONLY one who didn’t get the hype of this movie! You made me feel semi-normal reading this. LMAO.

6. slinskey816 November 2, 2012 at 2:37 am #

I completely forgot about Mr. Boogedie until you posted this! Is one of those kids Bud Bundy???

7. Jordan October 27, 2013 at 1:30 am #

Haha this is SO refreshing. I feel the exact same way. Hocus Pocus- meh. Do I hate it? No. Do I think it’s a Halloween and/or 90’s classic? Hell no. And Home Alone rules.